Literacy Suffolk, Inc.
Literacy Suffolk, Inc. affects countywide change by improving individual literacy and adult literacy skills through the valuable use of trained volunteers, by expanding community awareness and by providing literacy to all adults, especially those of low to moderate incomes who are underserved and limited in their abilities to advance themselves and their families, and to allow them to contribute and partake in the fruits of our society.
We believe that the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively is critical to personal freedom, economic betterment, and the maintenance of a democratic society.
- Student Conversation Groups
- Tutor Support Groups
- Literacy Materials (books, videos, audio cassettes, computer-assisted instruction)
- In-service Training Workshops
- Publications (affiliate newsletter, magazine of student writings)
- Student Involvement
- Outreach (volunteers, students, board, staff)
- Countywide Partnerships (libraries, government, corporate, academic, community-based organizations)
- Countywide Initiatives (health literacy, law literacy, financial literacy, workplace literacy, family literacy, “Planting Seeds for Literacy” campaign)
627 N. Sunrise Service Road, Bellport, NY 11713 | Phone: 631.286.1649 | Fax: 631.286.1668 | Hours: M-F 9am-4:30pm | firstname.lastname@example.org